Monday, July 27, 2015

Today's Lesson

People at work know about my daughter, my mother, my other family members. Do they know I also have a relationship with another member of my family, namely Jesus? He is an integral part of my life. He is with me in every moment. He is not just hanging out, but He should be living through me. So many times, I still take the controls and try to guide my ship to His destination only to run it ashore in frustration. 

He is patient and when I learn to trust in his guiding hands to navigate my life, I see endless blessings. Last week, the Lord work wonders. Even through the trials with my car that remains "unfixable" His grace was there. I can still feel the struggle as I rove Him with Stephen from work. We both experiencing our need to rest in Lord and not upon our own wisdom. In trusting Him we received peace and what a great time to minister to each other that road trip became. 

The trial of the grinding wheel, gave both of us an opportunity to place our trust in the Lord and see His faithfulness through to getting us home. Yet I think sometimes it is easier to give the big things over to the Lord and not the many small things. It is often a small thing that makes us feel we have the power to deal with it. The faith we have in the Lord when our lives are on the line is one thing. Expressing that faith when the only thing on the line is a misplaced word or misdirected emotion is where I want the Lord to lead me. 

Faith like a mustard seed can move mountains and toss mulberry bushes into the sea. Faith in the little things is gift to those that wait upon the Lord. Lord, give me the grace to walk more closely with you and to shine Your light into the crevices and the corners. Teach me to trust in you with the moments in my life, not just the momentous events. Live through me, that others might see you and not this fleshy shell that fails you. Apart from you I can do nothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment